Chicken with White Beans and Tomatoes
- 2 15.5 ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano, plus leaves for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 3 pounds total)
Heat oven to 425° F. In a 9-by-13-inch (or some other large) baking dish, toss the beans and tomatoes with the thyme and oregano sprigs, garlic, red pepper, 1 tablespoon of the oil, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper.
Pat the chicken dry and place on top of the bean mixture, skin-side up. Rub with the remaining tablespoon of oil; season with 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper.
Roast until the chicken is golden and cooked through, 35 to 45 minutes. Sprinkle with the oregano leaves.